Occasionally slowing down to measure your success may feel like taking time away from your business, but it’s actually an essential part of being successful. Take regular time to ask—and answer—straightforward questions about the health and success of your business.
Here are a few to get you started:
- Am I doing my best work?
- Am I listening to my gut/heart/instincts?
- Do I have a clearly defined plan for improvement?
- Is there a piece of advice I’ve been ignoring because I’m afraid of it?
- Do I know what a successful day/week/month looks like to me? How close am I to achieving that?
- How would a mentoring relationship help move my business forward?
- What have I given back lately?
- Am I charging enough for my time?
Be courageous and honest as you work through these questions, and set a few small goals for improvement. Better still, share your goals with a friend and set a deadline for improvement. You can do it!